2018-2019 OHSAA BOYS LACROSSE OFFICIATING CLASS (SPONSORED BY COLOA)
This training is for adult officials.
DATES: Sunday, January 27th and Sunday , February 3rd, 2019 – you must attend BOTH sessions to be eligible to complete the class.
SITE: Upper Arlington High School Stadium Classroom. The classroom is located at the southwest end of the fitness center/locker room complex located in the Marv Moorehead Memorial Stadium. The entrance to the classroom is through the white double doors on the west side of the building.
Upper Arlington High School is located at 1650 Ridgeview Road Upper Arlington 43221. Parking is located south of the tennis courts off Mt. Holyoke Road [one-way south] or south of the softball field off Brandon Road [one-way north]
TIME: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM with break for lunch.
INSTRUCTORS: Lee Spitzer– OHSAA Boys Lacrosse DOD, US Lacrosse LAREDO Clinician; Pete Bluvol – US Lacrosse Trainer, COLOA Past President; Tyler Harriman – US Lacrosse Trainer
COST: $85.00 – includes OHSAA dues, National Federation Rule Book, scorecard, tape measure, and other course materials and dues to Central Ohio Lacrosse Officials Association.
CLASS REGISTRATION: Please register for the class by November 15th, 2018. To register go to the OHSAA myOHSAA website and create a profile if you are not a current OHSAA official. Once you have completed your profile click on “OFFICIAL” at the top right of the page and then “SELECT COURSE” in the left column and scroll down to “LACROSSE – BOYS” and select the Columbus course.
• OHSAA Level 2-3 Boys’ Lacrosse Officials Training Program
• National Federation Rules
• 2-man and 3-man officiating mechanics
• Game management techniques
• Video study
Notes from the most recent US Lacrosse meeting:
• Senate Bill 252 - requires a coach at a school or a youth sports organization to annually undergo training to recognize Cardiac Arrest. Does not appear to impact officials at this time.
• Budget of $22.5k was presented to US Lax for funding. $9k was funded
• An anonymous gift was donated to Central Ohio Chapter US Lax for the restricted purpose of officials training for both boys and girls programs. This donation provides full funding for our request for our observers program.
• Chapter website has a tab for officials news/information. A request has been made for us to take ownership of it for officiating related content (ie. announcement of upcoming training classes) http://usl-centralohio.website.siplay.com/
• Chapter is looking for corporate sponsors to supplement the shortfall in funds coming from US Lax. Website to provide advertising platform.
• Effort to promote Amazon purchases using "Amazon Smile" results in a 5% rebate coming back to our Chapter. Designate US Lacrosse Central Ohio Chapter as beneficiary
• Shootout for Soldiers scheduled for July 15 at the new Ohio Machine facility. Machine game to be part of the game schedule.
Steps to get games
1) Pay Coloa Dues
2) Join and Pay OHSAA if you dont have a number contact BFerree@ohsaa.org
3) Sign up and get Arbiter updated. Blocks and Arbiter Pay. Contact Tim Goggin if not there.
4) Join and Pay US lacrosse membership