Notes from the most recent US Lacrosse meeting:
• Senate Bill 252 - requires a coach at a school or a youth sports organization to annually undergo training to recognize Cardiac Arrest. Does not appear to impact officials at this time.
• Budget of $22.5k was presented to US Lax for funding. $9k was funded
• An anonymous gift was donated to Central Ohio Chapter US Lax for the restricted purpose of officials training for both boys and girls programs. This donation provides full funding for our request for our observers program.
• Chapter website has a tab for officials news/information. A request has been made for us to take ownership of it for officiating related content (ie. announcement of upcoming training classes) http://usl-centralohio.website.siplay.com/
• Chapter is looking for corporate sponsors to supplement the shortfall in funds coming from US Lax. Website to provide advertising platform.
• Effort to promote Amazon purchases using "Amazon Smile" results in a 5% rebate coming back to our Chapter. Designate US Lacrosse Central Ohio Chapter as beneficiary
• Shootout for Soldiers scheduled for July 15 at the new Ohio Machine facility. Machine game to be part of the game schedule.
Steps to get games
1) Pay Coloa Dues
2) Join and Pay OHSAA if you dont have a number contact BFerree@ohsaa.org
3) Sign up and get Arbiter updated. Blocks and Arbiter Pay. Contact Tim Goggin if not there.
4) Join and Pay US lacrosse membership
The listing of all scrimmages for 2019. Please download the file and pick the scrimmages that you wish to participate in!
** Please note if all of official slots are empty, that scrimmage has been canceled ***